Celanese Compression Test Fixture GZ C-20
The Celanese compression test fixture is used for the determination of characteristic material properties under compression load.
With this test fixture short, long or continuous fibre-reinforced thermosets or thermoplastics can be testet as well as unidirectional layers or fabrics, multi-layer structures and sandwich laminates. Even isotropic material, e.g. resin or glue, can be tested by use of this test fixture.
The test fixture is used to prevent buckling of the fibre reinforced material. For a specimen length of 110 mm the free lenght amounts only 10 mm. Strain gauges are applied on both sides of the center area of the specimen to determin (negative) compression extension and bending. According to a principle relying on self-amplification, the clampings of the testing device switch the machines’s axial forces into a transverse force to grip the specimen.
Features & Benefits
- Sturdy compression device for quasi-static loads up to 20 kN
- Design allows switchover between shear loading and end loading of testing forces
- Changeable clampings for different materials and fibre orientations
- Easy cable passage for strain gauges
- Stainless steel design of all components for use in climate chambers (-60…+150 °C)
- Clampings cross-, lenghtwise-, transverse- milled or diamond coated
- Alignment compensation element
- Adapter for connection to all common electromechanical and servo-hydraulic universal testing machines
- DIN EN ISO 14126, “Fibre-reinforced plastic composites – Determination of compressive properties in the in-plane direction“, DIN, 2000
- DIN 65375, “Aerospace; fiber reinforced plastics; testing of unidirectional laminates; compression test transverse to fiber direction“, DIN, 1989
- ASTM D3410, Standard Test Method for Compressive Properties of Polymer Matrix Composite Materials with Unsupported Gage Section by Shear Loading“, ASTM, 2016
- DIN EN 2850, “Aerospace series – Carbon fibre thermosetting resin unidirectional laminates – Compression test parallel to fibre direction”, ASD-STAN, 1991