Celanese compression test fixture for quasi-static testing
The Celanese compression test fixture GZ C-20 is suitable for the quasi-static characterisation of the compression properties of composites according to various standards. The test fixture is used for testing short, long and continuous fibre-reinforced plastics with thermoplastic or thermosetting base materials and is used for unidirectional layers or fabrics. In addition, isotropic materials such as pure resin or adhesive resin materials can also be tested with this test fixture.
The compression test fixture is required for testing fibre-reinforced plastics to prevent the specimen from buckling. With a specimen length of 110 mm, the free test length is only 10 mm. Strain gauges are applied to the centre of the specimen on both sides to determine the compressive strain and buckling. The test fixture consists of clamping wedges which, according to the self-reinforcing principle, divert the axial force of the testing machine into a transverse force for clamping the specimen.
- Stable compression test fixture for static loads up to 20 kN
- Specimen geometry 110 mm x 10 mm x 4/2 mm
- Exchangeable clamping pads for different materials and fibre orientations
- Simple cable feed-through for strain gauges
- Stainless steel design of all components for use in climatic chambers (-40...+150 °C)
- Clamping surfaces with cross milling, longitudinal milling or diamond coating
- Angle compensating element
- Compression plates with adapter for connection to all common electromechanical and servo-hydraulic testing machines
- DIN EN ISO 14126, "Fibre-reinforced plastic composites - Determination of compressive properties in the in-plane direction", DIN, 2000
- DIN 65375, "Aerospace; fiber reinforced plastics; testing of unidirectional laminates; compression test transverse to fiber direction", DIN, 1989
- ASTM D3410, "Standard test method for compressive properties of polymer matrix composite materials with unsupported gage section by shear loading", ASTM, 2016
- DIN EN 2850, "Aerospace series - carbon fibre thermosetting resin unidirectional laminates - compression test parallel to fibre direction", DIN, 2017